Blog Journal #4

 ELA Technology Standards:

I chose the Grade 6 ELA Standards and Technology Matrix to choose a standard from. The standard I chose was LAFS.6.SL.2.5 which states that I am able to include multimedia such as graphics, images, videos, music, and sound into my lessons and presentations to further the understanding of information within my presentations. Based on my current skill set, I feel that I would be able to implement this standard within a 6th-grade classroom. I feel this way since I have been creating multimedia such as graphics and videos since I can remember using iMovie, Canva, Premiere Pro, and many more tools. I have also had experience with this course in practicing my Canva skills, especially when creating my Zoom virtual background and my banner for my newsletter. 

CPALMS Resources:

The resource I found on the CPALMS website was listed under 6th Grade Science. The resource is named "Cells: Alike but Different" and covers the basics of plant and animal cell structures and functions. This resource is helpful because it includes online activities that test the knowledge of the students as they go and also allows the students to see answers to the activities so that they can reflect on what they may have gotten incorrect. I would use this resource in my classroom because it provides information that is easy for 6th graders to grasp, a background information section, and good activities that students can repeat to test their learning. This form of educational technology could also be used as a review for homework and allows for students to go through the material anytime they want. It also is accessible for students who have different learning preferences because it provides audio, visual components, and practice components. 

Internet Searching: 

It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher so that you can quickly find solutions or answers to questions as you are teaching. It is also important to be a proficient internet searcher for research purposes as a precaution to make sure the information you find on the internet is peer-reviewed and not any type of misinformation. Of the internet searching skills I reviewed this week, the one that I feel would be most beneficial for me moving forward would be the advanced search option that google has. I feel that this internet searching skill is overlooked often and easy to learn about. After mastering the advanced searching technique on google I will be able to find what I am looking for online much more quickly and more easily than before. 

elmo (#16044)

"elmo (#16044)" by mark sebastian is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

Comments

Popular Posts