Blog Journal #6

 Experience Using Diigo:

My initial experience using Diigo was a bit confusing. I didn't understand how the website was supposed to work so the front page for our class group looked very academic and "cold". I now understand how to use this resource and the important aspects it contains such as highlighting, sticky note, and bookmarking features. I like that Diigo is a place were my peers and i can share academic articles so that we can expand our knowledge base. I do not like Diigo because the interface is a bit bland and since it only allows for bookmarks, comments, and tags. 

Experience Blogging:

Since beginning this blog, I have learned so much about how to create an online journal that is pleasing to look at and easy to navigate. I have learned since blogging that I actually enjoy blogging and it is making me think that if I were to be a teacher, it would be a good idea to keep a class blog so that parents can see what is happening in the classroom and get updates. Although I really like blogging, I don't like that blogger is a bit confusing when it comes to gadgets. I had a hard time understanding how to customize the gadgets in the beginning. 

Interesting Web 2.0 Tool:

A web 2.0 tool that I will absolutely use if I become a teacher is the website Kahoot. Kahoot is an online tool that allows teachers and students to create their own quizzes to use in the classroom. The takers of these quizzes use a mobile device to answer those questions quickly and correctly to earn points and be at the top of the leaderboard. 

Review: 

Kahoot is a great tool for the classroom to engage students. It is a free online website that allows for students and teachers to create quizzes to use while in class. The only issue with Kahoot is that you cannot keep track of your past scores on quizzes to see growth. 9/10. 

https://kahoot.com/

Comments

  1. I completely agree with your opinion about Diigo. I thought it was very difficult to use and interpret at first. The beginning portion of our class's page is very confusing and cluttered. However, after further use and investigation it became easier to navigate and I am more familiar with the tool now. It is probably not something I would use in the future but it is helpful to this class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts