Blog Journal #9

 Webcam Use 

It has been debated many times among college students if it is necessary to use webcams for online courses. I personally do not turn on my webcam while video calling or Zooming unless I am the focus of a discussion. If I do turn my webcam on, I make sure that I look presentable (not in pajamas) as if I were actually in a classroom. I understand and relate to others that do not have their webcams on, as I do the same thing. I do expect my instructor to have their webcam on because they are the focus of the Zoom or video call. It is important to see my instructor and see how excited they are about the subject they are teaching. An instructor that does not turn on their webcam during a call is not an instructor that I wish to have for a course I am in. I enjoy seeing them show their passions expressively on their face. 

Comments